Code of Conduct - Parents & Swimmers
Please review the following with your swimmer(s):
* Swimmer(s) will be at practice and ready to swim on time.
* Swim staff will be notified prior to event if swimmer(s) cannot participate in practice/meet at scheduled times.
* Parents will be at the swim meets with swimmer(s) and will be available to volunteer at all of the meets including Prelims, Championships and All-Stars (if qualified).
* Parents and swimmers will not participate in any activity or behavior detrimental to the swim team.
* Parents/swimmers(s) will inform the coach of any disability or ailments that may affect the safety of other team members.
* Parents/swimmer(s) will not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct.
* Parents will be a positive role model for their swimmer(s) and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for coaches, officials, team members, team parents and other teams at every practice and event.
* Swimmer(s) will show respect and courtesy to all coaches, officials, other swimmers and all parents.
* Parents will teach their swimmer(s) to play by the rules and resolve conflicts in a positive manner.
* Parents will teach their swimmer(s) that doing one's best is more important than winning so that their swimmer(s) will never feel defeated by the outcome of an event or performance.
* Parents/swimmers will praise their swimmer(s) and other swimmers for competing fairly and trying hard and will never ridicule or yell at their swimmer(s) or others for making a mistake or losing an event.
* Parents will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit their swimmer(s).
This document must be read and agreed to by both parents and swimmers. Please review with your swimmers.