Code of Conduct - Parents & Swimmers
Please review the following with your swimmer(s):
- Swimmer(s) will be at practice and ready to swim on time.
- Coach Emilie must be notified prior to a meet if a swimmer(s) cannot participate. If known ahead of time, Coach Emilie can be notified verbally and/or by using the website by the Wed night deadline prior to the meet. If there is a sudden change, Coach Emilie can be notified via a phone call or text message.
- At least one parent from each family will be at all swim meets with their swimmer(s) and be available to volunteer at the meets, even if their swimmer(s) can get to the meet on their own : this includes Prelims, Championships and All Stars (if qualified).
- If a family cannot volunteer at a meet they will talk to the Volunteer Coordinator to let her know in advance.
- Parents/Swimmer(s) will inform the coach of any disability or ailment that may affect themselves or the safety of other team members.
- Parents will be a positive role model for their child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for coaches, officials, team members, team parents and other teams at every practice and all events.
- Parents/Swimmer(s) will not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct. Anyone behaving in an unsafe manner or using profane or abusive language or whose actions are disruptive to the orderly conduct of the meet will be asked to leave.
- Parents will teach their swimmer(s) to play by the rules and resolve conflicts in a positive manner. Parents will teach their swimmer(s) that doing one’s best is more important than winning so that their swimmer(s) will never feel defeated by the outcome of an event or performance.
- Parents/Swimmers will praise their swimmer(s) and other swimmers for competing fairly and trying hard and will never ridicule or yell at their swimmer(s) or others for making a mistake or losing an event.
- Parents will emphasize skill development and how practices benefit their swimmer(s).
- Swimmer(s) will show respect and courtesy to all coaches, officials, other swimmers and parents.
- All swimmers, coaches, parents, and spectators should applaud the other team’s performance. Competitors should shake hands of the swimmers in the lanes next to them at the end of their race.
- All swimmers, coaches, parents, and spectators will follow all rules of the hosting pool.
This document must be read and agreed to by both parents and swimmers . Please review with your swimmers before checking off the appropriate area on the registration/insurance form.
Simple formatted text